Program Director: Michelle Bradford, Psy. D.
In a world of increasingly interconnected economies, a degree with a global perspective gives graduates an extreme advantage. This unique MBA offers an innovative, practitioner-based business education designed to develop leaders with the highest business competencies, strong ethical standards, professional integrity and practical skills.
An MBA degree is a career accelerator, providing graduates greater managerial skills, a better understanding of businesses and organizations and increased salary potential. A hands-on, practical perspective combined with international field experience, the FPU MBA ensures that graduates are able to understand global business issues and how they affect local businesses.
Curriculum focuses on best practices as students build on their own foundational knowledge and benefit from faculty with practical experience. This program is locally focused and globally aware. Recognizing the opportunities in Central California, our graduates will be prepared to advance in their current workplace, or launch their entrepreneurial skills in a business of their own. The curriculum will challenge and inspire, integrating technology, hands-on projects, critical thinking and leadership from a Christian perspective.
International and national travel are required in this program.
Admission to the Fresno Pacific Master’s in Business Administration (MBA) program is based on a review of each applicant’s academic achievements, interview score, writing sample, work experience, and personal statement by the School of Business Admissions Committee. The program is prepared to consider nontraditional indicators of academic potential in admission decisions when deemed appropriate. While the entirety of an applicant’s credentials are considered, applicants fit into one of the following two categories: Express application and Full application.
Applicants interested in applying for admission should request application materials by contacting the Regional Enrollment Office or by applying online at fresno.edu. Notification of acceptance will be sent as soon as all necessary documents are on file and have been reviewed by the admissions committee. International students in F-1 status are not permitted to study in unclassified standing unless enrolled in another program full time at Fresno Pacific University or another institution.
Applicants wishing to apply to a graduate program must submit an application with a nonrefundable application fee.
The following documents are required to be considered for admission
- Official transcripts—verifying bachelor’s degree and any post baccalaureate work from a regionally accredited institution that is deemed relevant to this application.
- Statement of Intent—provide a statement of career goals and a description of how participation in this graduate program will contribute to growth and development towards these goals. This essay should be no longer than two pages.
- Three current reference forms—at least two from professional and/or academic individuals who are able to endorse the student’s professional and personal characteristics.
- A current work experience resume
- GMAT scores are required if the applicant’s undergraduate GPA is below 3.0, unless the applicant has a Master’s degree.
- International students must submit official TOEFL scores (minimum of 550 PBT or 79 iBT) or IELTS 6.5, unless applicants have an undergraduate degree from an accredited institution in an English-speaking country.
Program Student Learning Outcomes
- Students apply processes within accounting, finance, economics, marketing, and management through written and oral communication.
- Students evaluate and reinterpret global business perspectives and best practices.
- Students relate ethical perspectives to global experience into business applications.
- Students assess and analyze problematic situations that arise in business and will apply research-based solutions to those situations.
Program Length/Semester Starts
The Global MBA program starts in the Fall semester and the program may be completed in 20 months.
North Fresno and Visalia Campuses, some classes offered online