Program Director: Jim Ave, Ph.D.
This fully online program prepares post-professional athletic trainers to become exemplary and scholarly athletic training practitioners by providing evidence-based educational opportunities to achieve academic, social, spiritual, professional, and personal development. The program provides intensive study in evidence-based practice, athletic training teaching methods, administration, and organization, as well as advanced therapeutic exercise and rehabilitation. Clinical experience in the field is expected during the fall and spring semesters.
- Application form and fee.
- One current reference form.
- Copy of current BOC, INC. certification.
- 2.75 or greater GPA. Individuals with GPA below 2.75 must submit the following:
- A letter of explanation if GPA is below 2.75.
- Resume including all related professional and extracurricular experiences.
- Official transcripts verifying a bachelor’s degree in athletic training or related area from a regionally accredited institution.
Master of Arts in Athletic Training Mission Statement
The mission of the Master of Arts in Athletic Training is to prepare post-professional athletic trainers to become exemplary and scholarly athletic training practitioners by providing evidence-based educational opportunities to achieve academic, social, spiritual, professional, and personal development.
Program Student Learning Outcomes
- Analyze disciplinary content knowledge/theories and modes of inquiry that form the basis for athletic training practice.
- Apply disciplinary content knowledge and theories to their athletic training rehabilitation techniques, administration and leadership abilities, and didactic and clinical learning skills.
- Apply continuous professional learning to further his or her own professional development, to be an advocate for the athletic training discipline, and to be a responsive and reflective clinical practitioner.
- Integration of evidence-based practices principals to inform their clinical reasoning and decision-making process.
- Analyze ethical and moral situations that are related to sport, teaching physical education, coaching sports, practicing athletic training, and administering sport programs using the values, principles, and standards of one’s profession.
Program Length/Semester Starts
The Master of Arts in Athletic Training starts in the fall semester and is 4 semesters or 16 months in length.