The major teaches students to be culturally-aware, socially engaged, media makers and problem solvers with advanced communication skills for an array of careers in the areas of media production, marketing, public relations, multimedia journalism, graphic design, web development, publishing, social media management, strategic communication, nonprofit development, church media, and others.
Program Student Learning Outcomes
- Students will demonstrate their ability to communicate through the production of multimodal messages.
- Students will demonstrate comprehension of historic and current communication theory and its application in context.
- Students will critically interpret language images, and other signs.
- Students will articulate the ways in which messages are mediated and shaped by media.
- Students will critically interpret voice power, and discourse in personal, local, and global contexts.
Main Campus Fresno