Undergraduate Academic Catalog 2021-2022 [ARCHIVED CATALOG]
Theater: Theater Studies Emphasis, B.A.
The Theater major offers courses in performance, theater history and literature, technical theater and design, arts management, and applied theater. Emphases in Theater Studies or Applied Theater allow students to tailor their programs to careers or graduate work in theater or film. or to use theater for social development and transformation in theatrical and non-theatrical contexts—educational, church, and civic. The Theater major, Applied Theater emphasis pairs well with majors or minors such as Psychology, Social work, Business, and Contemporary Christian Ministries.
Program Student Learning Outcomes
- Students will interpret and critique performance and theoretical texts reflecting a range of styles, periods, cultural, and critical perspectives.
- Students will describe the history and development of theatre globally, including the social, political, and religious contexts of performance texts, genre, and conventions.
- Students will apply skills in performance and theatre craft.
- Students will speak, write, and perform effectively in individual, group, and collaborative settings.
- Students will articulate the ethical, moral, relational, and personal aspects of theatre and performance.
Main Campus Fresno