Program Director: Suzana Dobric Veiss, M.A.
The Master of Arts in Strategic and Organizational Leadership is an interdisciplinary program designed to create leaders who can serve as change agents in organizations and communities. The M.A. in Strategic and Organizational Leadership is an action-oriented program created for individuals passionate about the connections between the individual in organizations and communities. The program’s focus is on innovative ways for leaders to change the way they see the world and to therefore transform the lives of individuals and the work of organizations and communities. The unique combination of multidisciplinary academic subjects and relevant practical applications addresses challenges for leaders who want to make a difference in the world. The integration of ethical leadership and creative approaches to leading change adds value for organizations and communities.
Admission to the Fresno Pacific Master’s in Strategic and Organizational Leadership program is based on a review of each applicant’s academic achievements, interview score, writing sample, work experience, and personal statement by the School of Business Admissions Committee. The program is prepared to consider nontraditional indicators of academic potential in admission decisions when deemed appropriate. While the entirety of an applicant’s credentials is considered, applicants fit into one of the following two categories: Express application and Full application.
Applicants interested in applying for admission should request application materials by contacting the Regional Enrollment Office or by applying online at fresno.edu. Notification of acceptance will be sent as soon as all necessary documents are on file and have been reviewed by the admissions committee. International students in F-1 status are not permitted to study in unclassified standing unless enrolled in another program full time at Fresno Pacific University or another institution.
Applicants wishing to apply to a graduate program must submit an application with a nonrefundable application fee.
The following documents are required to be considered for admission
- Official transcripts—verifying bachelor’s degree and any post baccalaureate work from a regionally accredited institution that is deemed relevant to this application.
- Statement of Intent—provide a statement of career goals and a description of how participation in this graduate program will contribute to growth and development towards these goals. This essay should be no longer than two pages.
- Three current reference forms—at least two from professional and/or academic individuals who are able to endorse the student’s professional and personal characteristics.
- A current work experience resume
- GRE scores are required if the applicant’s undergraduate GPA is below 3.0, unless the applicant has a Master’s degree.
- International students must submit official TOEFL scores (minimum of 550 PBT or 79 iBT) or IELTS 6.5, unless applicants have an undergraduate degree from an accredited institution in an English-speaking country.
Program Student Learning Outcomes
- The student implements organizational leadership elements within diverse human, organizational, and global contexts.
The student evaluates ethical principles in decision making from a Biblical perspective.
- The student creates a plan to organize and employ research for organizational analysis, problem solving, and strategic planning.
- The student implements organizational behavior and change elements within a diverse context to increase organizational effectiveness.
North Fresno, Visalia and Merced Campuses, Online
This program can be completed in less than 24 months, in five semesters with classes meeting once per week and online.
The required courses in the Strategic and Organizational Leadership program must be taken at FPU in a cohort model unless waived by Program Director.